politician (plural politicians)
- One engaged in politics, especially an elected or appointed government official.
- Politicians should serve the country's interest.
- Specifically, one who regards elected political office as a career.
- Unlike the other candidates, I'm not a politician.
- A politically active or interested person.
- Only real politicians are interested in this issue.
- A sly or ingratiating person.
- There is a politician in every office.
- French: politicien, homme politique, femme politique, politicienne
- German: Politiker, Politikerin
- Italian: politico, politica
- Portuguese: político, política
- Russian: поли́тик
- Spanish: político, política