- IPA: /ˈɹæfl̩/
raffle (plural raffles)
- A drawing, often held as a fundraiser, in which tickets or chances are sold to win a prize.
- He entered a raffle to win a lifetime supply of toothpaste, but he did not win.
- (obsolete) A game of dice in which the player who throws three of the same number wins all the stakes.
- French: tombola
- German: Tombola, Verlosung
- Italian: estrazione, estrazione a premi, lotteria, estrazione del lotto
- Portuguese: rifa
- Russian: лотере́я
- Spanish: rifa
raffle (raffles, present participle raffling; past raffled, past participle raffled)
- (transitive) To award something by means of a raffle or random drawing, often used with off.
- They raffled off four gift baskets.
- (intransitive) To participate in a raffle.
- to raffle for a watch
- German: verlosen
- Spanish: rifar