- IPA: /ɹɪˈbɛl.i.ən/
- (uncountable) Armed resistance to an established government or ruler.
- The government is doing its best to stop rebellion in the country.
- (countable) Defiance of authority or control; the act of rebelling.
- Having a tattoo was Mathilda's personal rebellion against her parents.
- (countable) An organized, forceful subversion of the law of the land in an attempt to replace it with another form of government.
- The army general led a successful rebellion and became president of the country.
- French: rébellion
- German: Rebellion, Aufstand
- Italian: ribellione
- Portuguese: rebelião
- Russian: восста́ние
- Spanish: rebelión, insurrección