- IPA: /ˈsʌnˌlaɪt/
- All the electromagnetic radiation given off by the Sun, especially that in the visible spectrum that bathes the Earth.
- Sunlight on the skin gives you vitamin D.
- (figuratively) Brightness, hope; a positive outlook.
- Synonym of sunrise#English|sunrise.
- (light from the sun) daylight, sunshine
- (brightness) hope, optimism
- (sunrise) break of day, first light, sunup; see also Thesaurus:dawn
- French: lumière du soleil
- German: Sonnenlicht
- Portuguese: luz do sol
- Russian: со́лнечный свет
- Spanish: luz del sol
- German: Licht
sunlight (sunlights, present participle sunlighting; past and past participle sunlighted)