tall (comparative taller, superlative tallest)
- (of a person) Having a vertical extent greater than the average. For example, somebody with a height of over 6 feet would generally be considered to be tall.
- Being tall is an advantage in basketball.
- (of a building, etc.) Having its top a long way up; having a great vertical (and often greater than horizontal) extent; high.
- (of a story) Hard to believe, such as a tall story or a tall tale.
- (chiefly, US, of a cup of coffee) A cup of coffee smaller than grande, usually 8 ounces. attention en
- (obsolete) Obsequious; obedient.
- (obsolete) Seemly; suitable; fitting, becoming, comely; attractive, handsome.
- (obsolete) Bold; brave; courageous; valiant.
- (archaic) Fine; proper; admirable; great; excellent.
- Portuguese: exagerado
tall (plural talls)
- (possibly, nonstandard) Someone or something that is tall.