thug (plural thugs)
- Someone with an intimidating and unseemly appearance and mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire.
- (historical) One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshipped Kali and offered their victims to her.
- In gardening, an over-vigorous plant that spreads and dominates the flowerbed.
- A punk; a hoodlum; a hooligan.
- See also Thesaurus:villain
- French: bandit, voyou, casseur, racaille
- German: Rowdy, Schläger, Randalierer
- Italian: delinquente, teppista
- Portuguese: bandido, facínora, malfeitor, capanga
- Russian: уби́йца
- Spanish: matón, macarra, rufián, perdonavidas
thug (thugs, present participle thugging; past and past participle thugged)
- To commit acts of thuggery, to live the life of a thug, or to dress and act in a manner reminiscent of someone who does.