- IPA: /ˈæsets/
- plural form of asset
- (finance) Any property or object of value that one possesses, usually considered as applicable to the payment of one's debts.
- His assets are much greater than his liabilities.
- (accounting) The left side of a balance sheet.
- The assets must equal liabilities, otherwise there is an error in your balance sheet.
- (legal) Sufficient estate; property sufficient in the hands of an executor or heir to pay the debts or legacies of the testator or ancestor to satisfy claims against it.
- Any goods or property properly available for the payment of a bankrupt's or a deceased person's obligations or debts.
- (slang, vulgar, usually, in the plural) Private parts; a woman's breasts or buttocks, or a man's genitalia.
- French: actif
- German: Anlagegüter, Vermögenswerte, Vermögen
- Italian: asse
- Portuguese: ativo, activo
- Russian: актив
- Spanish: bien, partida del activo