- A conversation or dialogue. [from 16th c.]
- (obsolete) A formal conference. [16th-17th c.]
- (Christianity) A church court held by certain Reformed denominations. [from 17th c.]
- A written discourse. [from 18th c.]
- (legal) A discussion during a trial in which a judge ensures that the defendant understands what is taking place in the trial and what their rights are.
- (a conversation of multiple people) soliloquy
- French: colloque, conversation
- German: Konversation, Gespräch, Kolloquium
- Italian: colloquio, conversazione
- Portuguese: colóquio, conversa
- Russian: собесе́дование
- Spanish: coloquio, conversación
- German: Religionsgespräch
colloquy (colloquys, present participle colloquying; past and past participle colloquied)
- (intransitive, rare) To converse.