- IPA: /ˈkɹɪmənəl/
- Against the law; forbidden by law.
- Foppish and fantastic ornaments are only indications of vice, not criminal in themselves.
- Guilty of breaking the law.
- The neglect of any of the relative duties renders us criminal in the sight of God.
- Of or relating to crime or penal law.
- The officers and servants of the crown, violating the personal liberty, or other right of the subject […] were in some cases liable to criminal process.
- His long criminal record suggests that he is a dangerous man.
- (figuratively) Abhorrent or very undesirable.
- Printing such asinine opinions is criminal!
criminal (plural criminals)
- A person who is guilty of a crime, notably breaking the law.
- Synonyms: lawbreaker, offender, perpetrator
- See also Thesaurus:criminal
- French: criminel, criminelle
- German: Krimineller, Kriminelle, Verbrecher, Verbrecherin
- Italian: criminale
- Portuguese: criminoso, criminosa
- Russian: престу́пник
- Spanish: criminal