- IPA: /ɪnˈd͡ʒɔɪ/, /ənˈd͡ʒɔɪ/, /ɛnˈd͡ʒɔɪ/
enjoy (enjoys, present participle enjoying; past and past participle enjoyed)
- (transitive) To receive pleasure or satisfaction from something
- Enjoy your holidays! I enjoy dancing.
- (transitive) To have the use or benefit of something.
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), imprinted at London: By Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981 ↗, Numbers 36:8 ↗:
- that the children of Israel may enjoy every man the inheritance of his fathers
- I plan to go travelling while I still enjoy good health.
- (intransitive, India) To be satisfied or receive pleasure.
- I enjoyed a lot.
- (transitive) To have sexual intercourse with.
- (receive pleasure or satisfaction) appreciate, delight in, rejoice, relish
- (have sexual intercourse with) coitize, go to bed with, sleep with; see also Thesaurus:copulate with
- French: (with a noun) profiter de, jouir de, (with a verb) apprécier
- German: genießen, erfreuen
- Italian: godere, gioire, piacere
- Portuguese: aproveitar, desfrutar, gozar, curtir, apreciar
- Russian: наслажда́ться
- Spanish: disfrutar, gozar
- French: jouir de
- German: genießen
- Italian: usufruire, godere, beneficiare
- Portuguese: aproveitar, gozar de, desfrutar de
- Spanish: disfrutar, gozar, aprovechar