- An advantage; help or aid from something.
- It was for her benefit. His benefit was free beer.
- (insurance) A payment made in accordance with an insurance policy or a public assistance scheme.
- An event such as a performance, given to raise funds for some cause.
- (obsolete) beneficence; liberality
- French: avantage, bénéfice
- German: Vorteil
- Italian: beneficio
- Portuguese: benefício
- Russian: преиму́щество
- Spanish: beneficio, ventaja
- French: subvention
- German: Leistung
- Portuguese: pagamento, subsídio
- Russian: посо́бие
- Spanish: prestación
- German: Benefizkonzert, Benefizveranstaltung
- Portuguese: beneficente, evento beneficente
- Russian: бенефи́с
- Spanish: beneficio
benefit (benefits, present participle benefiting; past benefited, past participle benefited)
- (transitive) To be or to provide a benefit to.
- (intransitive) To receive a benefit (from); to be a beneficiary.
- French: profiter
- German: profitieren
- Italian: beneficiare, sfruttare, usufruire, godere, approfittare, servirsi
- Portuguese: beneficiar-se de
- Spanish: beneficiar