- IPA: /ɡuːf/
goof (plural goofs)
- (US, informal) A mistake or error.
- I made a goof in that last calculation.
- (US, cinematography, informal) An error made during production which finds its way into the final release.
- (US, informal) A foolish and/or silly person; a goofball.
- Your little brother is a total goof.
- (Canada, prison slang) A child molester.
- (error) blooper, boo-boo, error, faux pas, fluff, gaffe, lapse, mistake, slip, stumble, thinko
- See also Thesaurus:error
- Russian: растли́тель
goof (goofs, present participle goofing; past and past participle goofed)
- (US) To make a mistake.
- It's my fault. I goofed.
- (US) To engage in mischief.
- We were just goofing by painting the neighbor's cat green.
- See also Thesaurus:make a mistake
- Italian: partecipare ad una bravata