- IPA: /ˈmeɪhɛm/
- A state or situation of great confusion, disorder, trouble or destruction; chaos.
- What if the legendary hero Robin Hood had been born into the mayhem of the 20th century ?
- In all the mayhem, some children were separated from their partners.
- She waded into the mayhem, elbowing between taller men to work her way to the front of the crowd.
- The clowns would dart into the crowd and pull another unsuspecting victim into the mayhem of the ring
- Infliction of violent injury on a person or thing.
- The fighting dogs created mayhem in the flower beds.
- (legal) The maiming of a person by depriving him of the use of any of his limbs which are necessary for defense or protection.
- (legal) The crime of damaging things or harming people on purpose.
- French: grabuge, tumulte, chaos, désordre
- German: Chaos
- Italian: caos, confusione, marasma
- Portuguese: caos, confusão, desordem, tumulto
- Russian: ха́ос
- Spanish: alboroto, tumulto
- Russian: изуве́чение
- Spanish: mutilación criminal