- The quality of how good the reputation of something or someone is, how favourably something or someone is regarded.
- Oxford has a university of very high prestige.
- (obsolete, often preceded by "the") Delusion; illusion; trick.
- French: prestige
- German: Prestige, Ansehen, Geltung, Wertschätzung
- Portuguese: prestígio
- Russian: прести́ж
- Spanish: prestigio, prestancia
prestige (not comparable)
- (sociolinguistics, of a linguistic form) Regarded as relatively prestigious; often, considered the standard language or language variety, or a part of such a variety.