- (British) enPR: fâʹrĭ, IPA: /ˈfɛə̯ri/, [ˈfɛə̯ɹi], [ˈfɛːɹi], [-ɹɪ]
- (America) enPR: fĕʹrē, IPA: /ˈfɛri/
- (uncountable, obsolete) The realm of faerie; enchantment, illusion.
- A mythical being with magical powers, known in many sizes and descriptions, although often depicted in modern illustrations only as a small sprite with gauze-like wings, and revered in some modern forms of paganism.
- An enchantress, or creature of overpowering charm.
- (Northern England, US, derogatory, colloquial) A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- A member of two species of hummingbird in the genus Heliothryx.
- (supernatural creature) fay, fey, fae, sprite; see also goblin (hostile)
- (male homosexual) fag (US), faggot (US), poof (UK), queen
- French: fée
- German: Fee, Elfe, Feenwesen, Naturgeister, Geist, Alb, Elb, Elben, Kobold
- Italian: fata, foletto, foletta, folletto, folletta
- Portuguese: fada, elfo, elfo
- Russian: фе́я
- Spanish: hada
- French: tapette, folle
- Italian: checca, finocchio
- Portuguese: bicha, marica
- Russian: го́мик
- Spanish: marica, mujercita