- Communication, conversation.
- 1667, John Milton, “Book 8”, in Paradise Lost. A Poem Written in Ten Books, London: Printed [by Samuel Simmons], and are to be sold by Peter Parker […] [a]nd by Robert Boulter […] [a]nd Matthias Walker, […], OCLC 228722708 ↗; republished as Paradise Lost in Ten Books: The Text Exactly Reproduced from the First Edition of 1667: […], London: Basil Montagu Pickering […], 1873, OCLC 230729554 ↗:
- this sweet intercourse of looks and smiles
- Dealings between countries.
- Dealings with people, including commerce and trade.
- Sexual intercourse usually involving humans.
- See also Thesaurus:copulation.
- German: Beziehungen
- Russian: отношение
- French: relation sexuelle
- German: Geschlechtsverkehr, Verkehr
- Italian: rapporto sessuale
- Portuguese: sexo
- Russian: сноше́ние
- Spanish: coito, acto sexual, relación sexual
intercourse (intercourses, present participle intercoursing; past and past participle intercoursed)
- (nonstandard, intransitive) To have sexual intercourse.