- IPA: /ˈstʌfi/
stuffy (comparative stuffier, superlative stuffiest)
- Poorly ventilated#Adjective|ventilated; partially plug#Verb|plugged.
- I can’t smell very well today – I have a stuffy nose.
- Let’s go outside – it’s getting stuffy in here.
- stout#Adjective|Stout; mettlesome; resolute.
- (US) Angry and obstinate; sulky.
- boring#Adjective|Boring, uninteresting, over-formal, pompous, very conventional.
- The stuffy professor droned on as the class lost interest.
- (Scotland) Stout; sturdy.
- French: mal aéré, étouffant, bouché (nose)
- German: stickig, verstopfte (nose)
- Italian: chiuso (nose)
- Portuguese: entupido (nose), estufado
- Russian: (air) ду́шный
- Spanish: mal ventilado, congestionado, taponado
- Spanish: brioso
- French: fâché, en rogne
stuffy (plural stuffies)
- (US, Canada, colloquial, often, childish) Synonym of stuffed toy#English|stuffed toy