- A hot sandwich consisting of a patty of cooked ground beef or a meat substitute, in a sliced bun, sometimes also containing salad vegetables, condiments, or both.
- The patty used in such a sandwich.
- (uncountable) Ground beef, especially that intended to be made into hamburgers.
- (US, colloquial, somewhat, vulgar) An animal or human, or the flesh thereof, that has been badly injured as a result of an accident or conflict.
- The truck hit the deer and turned it into hamburger.
- I'm going to make you into hamburger if you do that again.
- a hamburger button
- (sandwich) beefburger
- (patty) hamburger patty
- French: hamburger, hambourgeois
- German: Hamburger
- Italian: hamburger
- Portuguese: hamburger, hambúrguer
- Russian: га́мбургер
- Spanish: hamburguesa
hamburger (plural hamburgers)
- A person from Hamburg.
- French: Hambourgeois, Hambourgeoise
- German: Hamburger, Hamburgerin
- Italian: amburghese
- Russian: гамбуржанин
- Spanish: hamburgués, hamburguesa