- (British, America) IPA: /ˈlæt.ɪs/
lattice (plural lattices)
- A flat panel constructed with widely-spaced crossed thin strips of wood or other material, commonly used as a garden trellis.
- (heraldry) A bearing with vertical and horizontal bands that cross each other.
- (crystallography) A regular spacing or arrangement of geometric points, often decorated with a motif.
- (group theory) A discrete subgroup of Rn which is isomorphic to Zn (considered as an additive group) and spans the real vector space Rn.
- (music) A model of the tuning relationships of a just intonation system, comprising an array of points in a periodic multidimensional pattern.
- (topology, Lie theory) A discrete subgroup L of a given locally compact group G whose quotient space G/L has finite invariant measure.
- (algebra, order theory) A partially ordered set in which every pair of elements has a unique supremum and a unique infimum.
- (flat panel constructed with strips of wood or other material) latticework
- French: treillis
- German: Gitterzaun, Gitterwerk, Gitter, Gatter, Lattengerüst
- Italian: grata, graticcio, cannicciata
- Portuguese: gelosia, rótula, treliça
- Russian: плетёный
- Spanish: celosía
- French: quadrillage, grille, lattis
- German: Kristallgitter, Gitter
- Italian: graticcio, traliccio, reticolo, griglia
- Portuguese: trama, grade
- Russian: решётка
- Spanish: trama, cuadrícula
lattice (lattices, present participle latticing; past and past participle latticed)
- To make a lattice of.
- to lattice timbers
- To close, as an opening, with latticework; to furnish with a lattice.
- to lattice a window