- IPA: /ɡɹeɪp/
- (countable) A small, round, smooth-skinned edible fruit, usually purple, red, or green, that grows in bunches on vines of genus Vitis.
- (countable) A woody vine that bears clusters of grapes; a grapevine; of genus Vitis.
- (countable, uncountable) A dark purplish-red colour, the colour of many grapes.
- (uncountable) grapeshot.
- A mangy tumour on a horse's leg.
- (US, slang, colloquial, AAVE) A person's head.
- French: grain de raisin
- German: Traube, Weintraube, Weinbeere i regional
- Italian: uva, chicco d'uva
- Portuguese: uva
- Russian: виногра́дина
- Spanish: uva
- French: vigne
- German: Weinrebe
- Italian: vite
- Portuguese: videira, parreira
- Russian: виногра́д
- Spanish: vid, parra
- Portuguese: de uva
- Italian: d'uva
grape (grapes, present participle graping; past and past participle graped)
- To pick grapes.
- (of livestock) To develop tubercules as a result of tuberculosis.
- To develop a texture with small grape-like clusters of a contaminant or foreign substance.
- (dialect, north, UK) To grope.