- IPA: /ˈhæsl/
hassle (plural hassles)
- Trouble, bother, unwanted annoyances or problems.
- I went through a lot of hassle to be the first to get a ticket.
- A fight or argument.
- An action which is not worth the difficulty involved.
- French: tracas, peine
- German: Ärger
- Italian: inconveniente, problema
- Russian: барье́р
- Spanish: lío, apuro, tropiezo, fastidio
hassle (hassles, present participle hassling; past and past participle hassled)
- To trouble, to bother, to annoy.
- The unlucky boy was hassled by a gang of troublemakers on his way home.
- To pick a fight or start an argument.
- French: harceler
- German: ärgern, nerven, plagen
- Portuguese: incomodar, aborrecer
- Russian: донима́ть
- Spanish: molestar, fastidiar, fregar, aperrear