- IPA: /ˈset.l.mənt/
settlement (plural settlements)
- The act of settling.
- The state of being settled.
- A colony that is newly established; a place or region newly settled.
- A community of people living together, such as a hamlet, village, town, or city.
- (architecture) The gradual sinking of a building. Fractures or dislocations caused by settlement.
- (finance) The delivery of goods by the seller and payment for them by the buyer, under a previously agreed trade or transaction or contract entered into.
- (legal) A disposition of property, or the act of granting it.
- (legal) A settled place of abode; residence; a right growing out of legal residence.
- (legal) A resolution of a dispute.
- (A resolution of a dispute) arrangement
- French: règlement, solution
- German: Regelung, Regulierung, Erledigung
- Portuguese: estabelecer
- Russian: урегули́рование
- French: colonie
- German: Ansiedlung, Siedlung, Niederlassung, Kolonie
- Italian: insediamento
- Portuguese: povoação, assentamento
- Russian: поселе́ние
- Spanish: poblado, asentamiento
- French: acte de propriété
- Spanish: acuerdo