- IPA: /tʃʌmp/
chump (plural chumps)
- (colloquial, pejorative) An incompetent person, a blockhead; a loser.
- That chump wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
- A gullible person; a sucker; someone easily taken advantage of; someone lacking common sense.
- It shouldn't be hard to put one over on that chump.
- The thick end, especially of a piece of wood or of a joint of meat.
- (an unintelligent person) blockhead, idiot, dope, dolt, dunce, dummy
- (a gullible person) gull, sucker, dupe, sap, dummy, patsy, pigeon
- See also Thesaurus:dupe
- French: abruti, idiot, andouille, âne, imbécile
- German: Dummkopf, Trottel
- Italian: fesso, allocco, balordo, grullo, ottuso
- Russian: дура́к
- Spanish: paquete
chump (chumps, present participle chumping; past and past participle chumped)
- Dated form of chomp#English|chomp.