- Loosely associated; existing as a byproduct, tangent, or accident; being a likely consequence.
- That character, though colorful, is incidental to the overall plot.
- Occurring by chance
- (physics, of radiation) Entering or approaching, prior to reflection (more frequently incident).
- (existing as an accident) accidental, contingent; See also Thesaurus:circumstantial
- (occurring by chance) accidental, serendipitous; See also Thesaurus:accidental
- (existing as an accident) inevitable, necessary, impossible; See also Thesaurus:inevitable
- (occurring by chance) inevitable, intentional; See also Thesaurus:intentional
- French: incidental
- German: zugehörig, beiläufig, anfallend, folgend, nebensächlich, gelegentlich, Neben-, Sonder-, zusammenhängend mit, indirekt, Begleit-, begleitend, verbunden, zusammengehörig, einhergehend mit
- Italian: incidentale
- Portuguese: incidental
- Russian: эпизоди́чный
- Spanish: incidental
- German: einfallend
incidental (plural incidentals)
- Minor items, not further defined. Incidental expense.
- She's costing us a lot in incidentals.
- Something that is incidental.
- German: Nebenausgabe, Nebensächlichkeit, Nebenumstand, Nebenkosten