- IPA: /ˈtɛn.ju.əs/
- Thin in substance or consistency.
- Synonyms: delicate, gossamer, Thesaurus:fragile
- The aether was thought to be of tenuous strands.
- Far from being amicable, the numbers seemed to turn their backs on each other, and I couldn't find a pair with even the most tenuous connection.
- Synonyms: ethereal, Thesaurus:insubstantial
- His argument was not convincing in the debate, considering how tenuous it was.
- July 18 2012, Scott Tobias, AV Club The Dark Knight Rises[http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-dark-knight-rises-review-batman,82624/]
- Picking up eight years after The Dark Knight left off, the film finds Gotham enjoying a tenuous peace based on Harvey Dent’s moral ideals rather than the ugly truth of his demise.
- French: ténu
- German: (please verify) nicht stichhaltig , dünn, prekär, heikel, dürftig, fein, zart, schlank, klein, spärlich, unsicher, verdünnt
- Portuguese: ténue (Portugal), tênue (Brazil)
- Russian: то́нкий
- Spanish: tenue
- German: schwach, dürftig, nicht stichhaltig, unwesentlich, unbedeutend, angreifbar
- Russian: несуще́ственный